Project Proposal & Aims

A potential idea I had was to film 3-4 short sketches that follow the same narrative, but each has different genres. I’ve since decided to change this plan as I felt it was too much work to accomplish in a short amount of time. Reducing it to one short film will allow me to focus on certain elements in the film such as editing, colour grading and the use of other effects.

A continuation of last term, however, live action short film 5-10 mins long. Within this film I will focus on the colour grading, 3d models, potentially green screen, tracking and 2d animation in live action.

The narrative follows two friends, Jack and Aleks. Both of them are at a party when Jacks ex-girlfriend shows up with a new successful boyfriend. Out of jealousy Jack kills the boyfriend and needs to get the body out of the party without realising he’s dead.

I’d be using applications such as After Effects, Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve and Character Animator. I’d be focusing research and development on the use of software, understanding of colour grading, filming process and editing.

My aims this term are to gather new understandings of something I’ve not focused on before. I’ve always been interested in editing and colour grading but never really focused a project on this. Filming a short film will give me experience in this aspect as well as filming and working with others. Last term I focused on 2D animation and I want to use aspects of what I’ve learned from that project in this one. I really want to make sure this film looks good as I want to be able to use this as part of a showcase so I can show to other people the skills I have.